Over the last two weeks, we have continued to raise your concerns with the government and raise awareness of the situation on the ground through media coverage and events. Here are the latest actions we have taken on your behalf:
1. With the leadership of Tim Loughton MP, Chairman of the APPG for Armenia, a debate was organised in Westminster Hall at the House of Commons on 9 December 2020. ANC UK provided a detailed briefing, several reports and a set of questions to be raised by the MPs at the debate.
Key issues raised at the debate included:
- Azerbaijan’s war crimes
- Use of cluster bombs and phosphorous chemicals
- Use of mercenaries by Azerbaijan
- The involvement of Turkey and the role of Russia
- Recognition of Artsakh
- Recognition of the Armenian Genocide
3. ANC UK held a more detailed meeting with the HALO Trust last week. During the meeting, the HALO trust presented its report on Artsakh and the impact of cluster bombs, and landmines. These pose
a significant danger to children and to the general population of Artsakh. HALO Trust
is currently looking for funding as
its main funding from USAID stopped last year. We encourage the community to support their fundraising efforts by considering them in your donation list this Christmas. You can donate on their website
4. We have already been engaging with key humanitarian, human rights and environmental organisations to raise awareness about the issues in Artsakh and encourage them to take a stance. We will continue engaging with these organisations over the coming weeks.