Baroness Cox, member of the House of Lords and Vice Chair of the APPG for Armenia, asked His Majesty’s Government the following questions:
1. What representations the Government has made to the government of Azerbaijan in respect of reports of open fire from Azerbaijani combat positions on Armenian civilians completing agricultural work in the villages of Sos, Tagavard, and Machkalashen on 23, 24 and 26 March.
2. Further to the ruling of the International Criminal Court on 22 February that the government of Azerbaijan must end the blockade of the Lachin corridor, what representations His Majesty’s Government is making to the government of Azerbaijan regarding the opening of the Lachin Corridor.
3. What representations the Government plans to make to the government of Azerbaijan for the immediate release of all Armenian Prisoners of War.
4. Further to reported violations of human rights in Azerbaijan recorded by Amnesty International and the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), what plans they have, if any, to introduce more comprehensive sanctions on Azerbaijan than the 1992 OSCE arms embargo, refined in 2014.
5. What plans the Government has made, if any, to request that the UN send a fact-finding mission (1) to determine, and (2) to report on, the detention conditions of Armenian Prisoners of War in Azerbaijan.
6. What plans the Government has made to work with international partners to arrange the deployment of UN Peacekeepers in Artsakh.
7. What discussions the Government has made with government of Azerbaijan about opening of Lachin Corridor in both directions, further to the International Court of Justice’s Order of provisional measures on the application of the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination; and what assurances they have received from the government of that country on the matter.